Before I make my inference, I
just want to clarify some facts. We know that the ridges (mountains) in the
ocean are constantly sprouting new rock. The rock is getting older the further
away it gets from the ridge, which means that some how or another, that rock is
moving. My inference is the magma or lava (once it comes up into the ocean) is
the fuel that moves the continent. The lava is moving the rock in the ocean. As
new rock is forcing it’s way into the world, older rock is being forced away
from the ridges. If it is forcing the rock to move away, then the rock in turn
must be slowly pushing against the continents. Even if the rock is being moved
around the continents, some rock must be pushing against it at some point of
time. Causing it to move in microscopic amounts every day or so.
However, like all good theories,
this should create some interesting questions. I only have one real question
about my theory and I have come up with three possibilities. Seeing how you are
saying that the continents mirror the affects that are happening on old rocks,
will they eventually go back into the earth?
The answer to that question is
quite simple. I’m not sure. There are
two different speculations I have. The continents are such huge landmasses,
that they are being pushed on all sides by ridges. They must also be pushed on
all sides by trenches. They are slowly moving because they are still closer to
some than the others, or their outtake of lava is stronger than other ridges.
The only thing is that some time, the continents would stop moving as they
reach a point of equilibrium with all the mountains and ridges. My second
speculation is that yes, eventually, the continents will fall slowly into
several different ridges. Their will be huge earthquakes and volcanoes and
tsunamis as we get closer to the magma underneath. It will be called oblivion.
However, as a huge amount of rock goes in, A huge amount of lava must come out
to create another continent, similar in size.

No comments:
Post a Comment