Monday, 22 September 2014

Important Book in my Reading Journey

Until I was half way through fifth grade, I simply refused to read any book that was not short. Not because of the quantity. I could get through long books in some time. I was terrified of the content. Finally, at an airport where we were about to take a flight back from a trip to Australia, my mom persuaded me into getting a book I had evaded for a long time. Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone. After finishing that book. I read the first four books in two weeks. Harry Potter showed me not to be afraid of books. That lead me into books like Hunger Games, Divergent, Percy Jackson, and Bartimaeus Trilogy. This one book lead me to several others, each scarier than the rest. And I enjoyed every one.

I think that until you have tried something, you can't judge it. Sometimes you need a little push, but ultimately, it has to be you who takes the challenge and you who come out with a worthy experience. If you're willing to take that chance, you will come out wiser in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment