Monday, 2 February 2015

Ted Talk Vegitarian Video


This is an unedited Ted Talk Video. I will update this later with a better video. Sorry

3 comments:

  1. Great ted talk! This opened up many thoughts for me and led me to think about meat like I never really had before. The meaning that you included into the video was awesome. I could easily tell your standpoint and that you were furiously passionate about the way vegetarians help the world, but also about the way meat eaters are hurting the world.

    Nobody in my family is vegetarian, but after watching this, it doesn't seem out of reach. The facts you provided were very compelling. The one that caught my attention the most was how much more sustainable being a vegetarian is. That the demand for meat will rise by 60% in the next 35 years and that 1 pound of beef takes 2500 gallons of water to make. Knowing this makes me quite uncomfortable with eating meat, and I think you've really gotten your point across.

    Something I thought you could include is your sources for all these compelling facts. Adding your sources would make it that much more reliable and believable. Other than that, your ted talk was very strong and I was very convinced about the benefits vegetarians bring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kayzad. Your TED talk was amazing. Your passion for this topic was flowing out of the video like rushing water. There was so much passion and I felt like you knew so much about the topic you seemed like a pro.
    There were new things that I learned from your TED Talk. I never thought about how by being a vegetarian, in one year, you can single-handedly save around 406 animals! That is amazing! Imagine how much lives, families and tears you are saving from doing this. Another fascinating thing that I learned from your TED Talk is that meat is an unsustainable food source, and how estimates say that the demand for meat will go up by 60% in the next 35 years. People will definitely have to start converting to vegetarianism to sustain themselves in the future. Also, it gives you the same nutritional benefits too!
    You could've improved your argument by talking about the vegetarian options at SAS and talking about how SAS could improve their vegetarian meals and how they should promote vegetarianism, because don't blame me if I'm wrong, but we were supposed to connect this back to our own life or school. Also, your transitions were really smooth, but they could be better and more subtle.
    I agree with what you said about how vegetarianism is a very sustainable food source. Just think that if everyone converted to vegetarianism, how much sustainable our food cycle would be and how much space and livestock we could save!
    Overall, I think that you had a very strong argument. I want to say again that I really liked your passion about the topic, as it really brought the whole presentation through. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kayzad, you did a very good job! It was made clear that you wrote/talked about a subject that you were very passionate about. I learned that 94.8% of the world continue to eat meat and are not vegetarians. You managed to provide many insightful and interesting facts that really hooked the listeners. Another fact that really shocked me was that vegetarians have a greater absorption of calcium and that it reduces the chance of having cancer and asthma.
    Although, your video was really good, I think that one thing I wish you could improve on is changing your tone of voice. Maybe you could've have talked to the watchers in a soothing way that doesn't make them feel bad for not being vegetarians.
    I agree with what you said that vegetarians and vegetarianism does have many benefits. I also thought that your ideas about how vegetarianism is the way for people to have a healthier diet.
    Your overall video was very impressing, but one thing that impressed me the most was your passion for this topic. I was also impressed that you picked a topic that you knew a lot about, since you were a vegetarian yourself, so it made the evidence you provided even more appealing to the watchers. Overall, you did a very nice job on your ted talk.

    ReplyDelete