How will issues related to
demography impact my life?
One of the main reasons is to see
the death rate. I would definitely want to know how long I am going to live.
Not to mention my family and friends too. If most of the people in the country
I am living in are dead before 60, I would definitely consider moving.
![]() |
| Here, in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, you are not expected to live above 60. |
Moreover, I need to know about
demographics if I am working for a big company or the government. If I work in
a company, I need to know what the age of the vast majority of people are, so I
can know what I should supply. For example, if I am working in a country with a
bunch of old people, I might want to consider making walkers and wheelchairs.
If I am working with the government, that knowledge becomes all the more vital.
I need know what the problems are so I can help the government invest in
possible solutions. For example, health-care would be a valuable investment if
we are having far too many babies, for health-care will increase the likelihood of babies surviving, and that should make women think twice about having
too many babies.
![]() |
| Japan has too many old people, and not enough babies being born. |
Furthermore, it can help me
understand the history of a country. If we have sudden dips in the population,
I will know that most likely, some kind of war or plague had come at that time
period, and I might want to reconsider moving there, if there is a chance it
may strike again
Finally, it can help me
understand various situations the country is in right now. I know that I
wouldn’t want to go and live in a country that has high AIDs or other diseases
(don't take this the wrong way. I’m being practical), as I might get infected
and die.
![]() |
| Botswana is a highly AIDs affected country. |
All in all, knowledge about
demographics can be extremely valuable, and have definitely seen/am seeing/will
see it come in the past, the present, and the future
Sources:
http://populationpyramid.net/democratic-republic-of-the-congo/2015/
http://takeoharada.com/2013/12/13/you-never-know-the-japan-bubble-has-just-begun/
http://populationpyramid.net/botswana/
Sources:
http://populationpyramid.net/democratic-republic-of-the-congo/2015/
http://takeoharada.com/2013/12/13/you-never-know-the-japan-bubble-has-just-begun/
http://populationpyramid.net/botswana/

.jpeg)

No comments:
Post a Comment