1) What skills and knowledge that you learned in class did you apply to your teaching? Be descriptive!
The main skills I applied in the tours from class, was knowing where to look to find animals. For example, I could clear leaf litter, or turn over big chunks of dead wood to look for insects and decomposers. For spiders, I knew to look around eye level in trees for webs. Additionally, the fig trees (when they are in bloom) often have several birds eating the figs.
2) What skills or knowledge did you lack in the first tour? How did you improve for subsequent tours? And what would you do differently next time? Use evidence from your clips to back up your claim. Insert a clip of you on the first day and insert a clip from the last tour.
I lacked the skills to manage my time. Morgan, Sajid, Quentin and I would get so caught up in our first topic, and showing the kids, various animals, we often didn't manage to completely finish the tour. In our second tour, this didn't improve so much, but almost everyone covered both their topics in the last tour.
Next time, I plan to keep a watch with a timer, and every time it rings, we have to pass the kids on to the next group, regardless of anything.
3) What will you take from the class activities to use in your life outside of school or other subjects?
I will take the ability to hold a crowds interest and the value of planning and use that in my outside life.
No comments:
Post a Comment