Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Art Show: Frog Piece

I chose my frog piece because it brings out the happiness and carefreeness through the smile despite the dark colors that are in the background. I also chose my frog piece because of the hard work I had to do to create the print(which isn't in the final project). This piece of work was inspired by Claude Monet and made from a lino block, ink, and paper. The frog piece was made by first drawing the frog we wanted onto our lino block, then drawing a lily pad and carving away all the background with a carving tool. After we did that, we painted the lino block green or black with the paint roller and finally printed the lino block onto to the paper. What you see before you is the finished product. The hardest part was carving away at the lino block but the most fun part was also carving away at the lino block. If there was one thing I would change, it would be the animal. Use some different kind of animal like a tiger or a deer, depending on the mood of the creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment