Thursday, 7 March 2013

The Experience of a Lifetime

On 2 March I and 57 fellow students went on a unbelievable trip. We were headed to Batam, a small school in Indonesia. We were going to teach the kids on that island english. We all had chosen a grade to teach. My partner, David, and I chose first grade. We were going to use a ball with english greeting words on them and toss this to the students. Everyone was a little nervous when it was time to teach but it was really a cinch This is what happened: The kids managed to carry on a small conversation without realizing it. I felt amazed that it was so easy to teach them and satisfied that the students could follow us. I was surprised at how at how easy it was to comunicate with them and I will always remember giving them the soccer ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment